Project Description

Market Assessment for Disinfectant Trading in Oman

  • The institutional disinfectants market was estimated to be OMR13.8 Million in 2022 and is expected to reach OMR16.7 Million by 2032, representing a CAGR of 1.9%.
  • Retail on detergent, disinfectant, dishwashing, and hand sanitizer market was estimated to be OMR33.8 Million in 2022 and is projected to reach OMR38.4Million by 2032, growing by a rate of 1.3%.
  • In the Institutional segment, Hospitality was the largest end-use segment, estimated to be worth OMR3 Million in 2022. Healthcare, and F&B were the other major segments which were estimated to be OMR2.5 Million and OMR2.2 Million respectively. In 2022, Desalination plants accounted for OMR1.8 million and are projected to grow at a rate of 1.5% during 2021-2032.
  • In the institutional disinfectants’ category, the domestic suppliers accounted for only 18% of the domestic demand in 2022, which is projected to reach 15% of demand by 2032, creating a substantial demand-supply gap in the market. In retail detergent, disinfectant, dishwashing, and hand sanitizer category, imports accounted for 73% of the total demand, while the remaining 27% was met through supply from local manufacturers such as National Detergent Company, Sallan Industrial Investments, Pine Blossoms, etc.
  • In the Institutional disinfectant market, the key competition is from private labels and loose chemicals such as Hypochlorite Solutions, Hydrogen Peroxide, etc. A few local companies such as Oman Chlorine is also key player in the market. In the retail detergents and disinfectants category, the market is mainly dominated by MNCs such as Reckitt Benckiser, Henkel, and Clorox.

Table of Content:

Macro Overview of Oman

  • Oman GDP and Growth rate
    • GDP breakdown by sector
  • Inflation, and unemployment

Market Analysis

  • Institutional disinfectant market value chain
    • Key stakeholders
  • Institutional disinfectant market demand analysis (2021-2032)
    • By end use
      • Desalination plants
      • F&B
      • Municipality
      • Animal husbandry
      • Healthcare
      • Hospitality
      • Households
      • Others
    • By Composition
      • Biobased
      • Chemical based

Export Analysis (2018-2021)

  • Annual exports
  • Key destinations
  • Major exporters
  • Price range
  • Types of product

Institutional disinfectant market supply analysis

  • Domestic production
    • Key manufacturers
    • Production capacity
    • Product types
    • Production cost breakdown
    • Acceptability of domestic products
    • Price benchmark
    • Gross margin
  • Imports (2018-2021)
    • Annual imports
    • Source countries
    • Type of products imported
    • Price range
    • Key importers

Gap analysis

  • Demand-supply gap
  • Future market gap analysis (2022-2032)
  • Domestic potential to fill the gap

Market Dynamics

  • Key demand drivers, major challenges and latest trends
  • Customers drivers of choice

Competitive landscape, by product line

  • Key players and their market share
  • Company profiles (top 7)
  • Overview
  • Product portfolio
  • Key sectors served
  • Pricing: identify actual cost vs other product costs
  • Effective Margins comparison of Client vs competitors
  • Sales and marketing strategy
  • Financial details
  • Future plans
  • Upcoming players in the market


  • Attractiveness of the market
  • Investment risk and opportunities
  • Key considerations